Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Busy Bee

Buzz-Bzzzzzzz
     Hey y'all! This is just a Polyvore set that I made a while back, when the weather was still horrific and cold out. While it was snowing and sleeting and hailing (oh my!) outside, I did my best to stay inside with lots of fires and snuggly blankets, fantasizing about warmer weather, and praying for spring to come.
    When I think about Spring, I think about flowers, and when I think about flowers, I think about (what else?) BEES! I think bees are such a cool source for creative inspiration. After all, they're creative too, and I mean, who doesn't love honey?!? (those bear shaped jars are the absolute cutest)

     I love the Gilded Bee Posts from Anthro. Sadly, they're sold out, but you can find some similar ones here, and here.

That watch is super cool, I think it would keep even the buzziest person on time (I'm sorry, I had to... too punny?)

The rest of the jewelry are that perfect honeycomb shape, those hexagons would fit right in with the geometric trend that's happening right now. That emerald green necklace is so great- I it would make any outfit pop! Stud earrings from Barneys, similar here, here and here. Hexagon dangle earrings, similar found here. Necklace; similar here.

These sunnies are like the honey-bee motif version of the proverbial "rose colored glasses" they have such a  retro look to them, and I love that warm honey/ golden yellow color combo.

That Fossil bag is adorable. It's the perfect size for a makeup bag, and what better place to put all of your favorite bee-related cosmetics, like this eyeshadow palette (available at Liberty of London.)

While we're talking about cosmetics, how cute is that flower blush from Clinique? I actually have it in "Plum Pop," but I've been eyeing the ginger as well...

Also, how perfect is it that Marc Jacobs' newest perfume features honey as a main note (not to mention the name,) with a bottle that oh-so-clearly emanates the honeybees that make it! I love this perfume too, it's sweet, but not too overpowering, and has a really lovely hint of citrus in it as well.

This nail polish from Topshop is a really lovely light honey color, and it totally goes along with the latest reincarnation of the springtime pastel trend. I think that even Tory Burch's lipsticks look vaguely like a honey-comb/ geometric bee pattern. Plus, they're pretty.

The honey bath and shampoo look so yummy!! The packaging completely makes them. You thought the bear shaped honey bottle was cute, how about a honey bear-shaped shampoo bottle?

And finally, of course, Burt's Bees Beeswax lipbalm... how could I not include the iconic honeybee logo in a post about bees?
Busy Bee

Busy Bee by sellett16 featuring bracelet jewelry

I just think that these things are absolutely precious. I'm totally obsessed~ and that is coming from the girl who completely freaks whenever any stinging, flying insect is within a ten yard radius.

(When I was little, I had a few semi-traumatic run-ins with yellow jackets, and then there was an incident that involved a rope swing, and colliding with one of these monsters while swinging out over a ravine, clinging to my rope for dear life while the evil thing stung me repeatedly (it.flew.up.my.sleeve.) to this day I still cringe a little thinking about it. Because of this, I had a fear of bees/ hornets/ wasps that bordered on pathological. It was so bad that if I heard anything that sounded even remotely like buzzing, I would run like lightning to the nearest door to the house.)

It has since gotten better; Nowadays, when I see a wasp or hornet, I only run screaming sometimes, and I am actually quite fond of bumble bees and honey bees. They were the only ones that never stung me... besides, as someone who enjoys gardening, I've learned to love them.
And not just as accessories!

xoxo, Sallie

No comments:

Post a Comment