Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Affordable Fashion

Affordable Fashion

Pictured: FP sandalsfp Lace Hat Free People midi dressForever 21 coral midi dressForever 21 vegan leather sandalsStraw Hatgold open cuffDouble band cuff in goldgeo cutout cuffstacked rings

Hey all! I've had my eye on this super flouncy + fabulous midi shift from Free People for a while, and in my travels on the interweb (i.e. online shopping) over the past couple of days, I happened to stumble upon a very similar dress over on Forever 21's website... for a fourth of the price! The picture doesn't really do it justice- it sort of looks like there's a loose-pencil-skirt thing happening, but the skirt actually has a fairly nice flare to it. Now, don't get me wrong, I love FP as much as the next gal, and this is a beautiful dress, but after looking at the other items pictured on the FP model (see above), I knew it would be easy to find a match over at F21.  So, I did some digging, and this (again, see above) is    what I came up with:

        FP                                                                                  
  Dress: Mille Feuille Dress, in watermelon- $88            
  Sandals: Second Nature Sandal, in mocha- $68
  Hat: Lola Lace Hat, in ivory- $28

        Forever 21 
  Dress: Crepe Woven Midi Dress, in coral- $22.80 
  Sandals: Must-Have Buckles Sandals, in brown- $32.80    
  Hat: Keep Cool Straw Sun Hat, in natural/black- $14.80
  Bracelets: Classic Double Band Cuff- $7.80, Romantic Open Cuff- $4.80, Geo Cutout Cuff- $4.80  
  Rings: Twisted Rhinestoned Cross Ring Set- $3.80

*I'm not sure exactly what jewelry is on the FP model, so I just picked a few bangles, cuffs, and rings from F21 that looked "Free People-esque." All jewelry is in gold.

Oh, and let's not forget the Grand Total for the F21 outfit: $91.60
     This is actually super awkward because I added it up before to put the "$88" in the collage... but I added one of the $4.80 bracelets twice, instead of the $7.80 cuff... oh well. 

So, there you have it! An entire outfit for the same price as the dress that originally inspired it. < Let's just pretend that I did my math right the first time here, for emphasis. Because "an entire outfit for $3 more than" just doesn't have the same ring to it.  

Oh, and just in case anyone is curious, the total for the Free People outfit was *whips out calculator phone because math* $184. And that's NOT including the jewelry that I couldn't identify.

Well, that's it!

Until next time, Sallie 

No comments:

Post a Comment