Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Just an Update

Hey all! Just a quick update before I get a few things done... (messy room, laundry~ so exciting AMIRIGHT??)

I know that, so far, this blog is shaping up to be realllly geared towards fashion only, but I promise that is not my intention. I definitely will be posting about other stuff (food, thoughts, art, travel, life in general) this is just where I've been right now in terms of inspiration. Actually, I have some things in the works, but I'm not quite ready to share. ;) Anyways, just an update on the Affordable Fashion post I made the other day: I've gotten some feedback that the original outfit from Free People wasn't all that ourtrageous when you look at the individual pieces, and the quality (the shoes are real leather.) That's totally true! The prices are actually fairly reasonable, even though they add up pretty quick. However, if you're on a budget, or just trying to get more for your dollar, that was just an example of a really easy way to get the same look for a small price. Because, at the end of the day, we all want to make our money stretch. (be a responsible consumer, etc, etc...) Oh, and don't forget to donate your old clothes when you have to make room in your closet for all of your shawweeet new steals!
      That being said, I do really love all of the original FP items, AND if you want a piece that you know will last, they've got your back. So, considering that I posted about them over 24 hours ago, I was super pleased to see the same hat featured in a post over on Refinery 29 today! Yay for foresight and being ahead of the game! It's featured in a slideshow compilation of the latest up and coming trends in a "Broke Girls Guide to Spring Shopping."
The espadrilles on slide 6 are to die for, and I think that the Pineapple Jute Tote Bag is adorable!
      In case you've never heard of it, Refinery 29 is an online magazine that focuses on a wide variety of subjects, including Fashion, Beauty, and Wellness. Their articles are usually very well written, and the fact that they're based online makes it very easy to follow up on featured trends, and the like. I follow them on Facebook, and their daily features always offer a pleasant change from all of the reddit.com articles that are scattered throughout my newsfeed. Their food posts always make me hungry :) :)
ta ta for now
xoxo Sallie


No comments:

Post a Comment