Tuesday, March 4, 2014

The Oscars, Falling for Fashion, and Just Plain Falling...

Hi all! Normally I'm not one to watch the Oscars, but this year. . .  I still didn't.  Here's to staying true to form, and periodically refreshing the google search of category winners while watching some other program on netflix.

Oh. And browsing all of the best dressed lists. Personally, I like this method the best, because then you don't have to sit through the whole ta-dah that is celebrities walking out of their cars, down a carpet that is, (let's be real here,) really more of a burgundy than it is red, and into a photo-op. I mean, why would you watch them posing for pictures, when you can just look at the actual pictures. This way you don't have to see all of the fashion faux-pas that end up on the what-not-to-wear-to-the-Oscars list (we are already told "what not to do" enough, no?) and get straight to the goodstuff. Unless you enjoy that kind of thing, in which case, I urge you to look into Liza Minnelli's blue pantsuit, under which, apparently, she was going commando (see here.) I'm not even sure how credible that last part is, but pardon me while I scream inwardly and attempt to delete that memory forever. Or or OR... Sharon Osbourne sporting a big black umbrella that would put Mary Poppins to shame, in perfectly clear weather. Oh, it was a parasol you say? Well, that explains it... except for the fact that it was night time. Literally so confused. But back to the good stuff. Such as...


This moment of absolute beauty from Lupita. I swear she is not of this world in this picture. The  magical ocean nymph.
                          J Law                                               Emma Watson
Two incredible beautiful, incredibly smart, incredibly talented women. They are my absolute favorites.
An update on Jennifer Lawrence:

To recap: She arrived, she fell (again), she was still (if not more) glamorous.

Lastly, I'd like to thank the Academy.
That is all.
xoxo Sallie

No comments:

Post a Comment